Barcode Scanner for Android
Barcode Scanner for Android gives an option to scan all types of barcodes. Support only Android devices with Google Play Services.
- Read the data from most standard barcode formats
- Supported formats:
- Linear formats: Codabar, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, ITF, UPC-A, UPC-E
- 2D formats: Aztec, Data Matrix, PDF417, QR Code
- Scan for all supported barcode formats at once without having to specify the format you’re looking for, or boost scanning speed by restricting the detector to only the formats you’re interested in.
- Extract data: Structured data that’s stored using one of the supported 2D formats is automatically parsed. Supported information types include URLs, contact information, calendar events, email addresses, phone numbers, SMS message prompts, ISBNs, WiFi connection information, geographic location, and AAMVA-standard driver information.
- Works with any orientation: Barcodes are recognized and scanned regardless of their orientation: right-side-up, upside-down, or sideways.
- Runs on the device: Barcode scanning is performed completely on the device, and doesn’t require a network connection.
Note that this asset does not recognize barcodes in these forms:
- 1D Barcodes with only one character
- Barcodes in ITF format with fewer than six characters, and this format is known to be flaky due to absence of checksum
- Barcodes encoded with FNC2, FNC3 or FNC4
- QR codes generated in the ECI mode
If you have any questions, request or something isn’t working please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
v1.0 Pending approval.